Singaporeans respond to news of Lee Kuan Yew's hospitalisation

Posted On // Leave a Comment

It seems that Yahoo News wasn't able to capture the full range of responses that Singaporeans have had to news of Lee Kuan Yew's hospitalisation for pneumonia. Reading their article, a stranger might have the mistaken impression that Lee Kuan Yew is still as popular today as he was half a decade ago.

Allow me to correct that with a few snippets taken from Facebook posts and the Hardwarezone forums.










I don't share these views, but it's telling that someone who was so popular in the 1960s is now so frequently the subject of ridicule. I wonder what it says about the future of the PAP.

Note: If you are one of the people whose Facebook posts are in here, and if you want it taken down, just send me an email and I'll respect your privacy. (email me at simplyinconceivablesg[at]gmail.com)







0 comments: